The instruments of euphoria

I get a strange sense of satisfaction, relaxation, melancholy, anger, aggression, restlessness and turmoil inside me whenever I hear a gentle guitar with a steady soft but definitive drum beat. There is something about these two that when put together, brings out this amazing combination of feelings, and it feels as if nothing is important but to be able to create music or appreciate it.



I have always shared a love for music unparalleled by anyone I know. No one shares the same fire, the same passion or depth of appreciation and love for any music that I like. It's not their fault. I am aggressively possessive and passionate about almost all things that I love. Music has been the closes and longest friend. It is only natural for me to feel so strongly about it.



It's something like the feeling you get when you have a vanilla ice-cream with a layer of chocolate shell on the top. You know it's going to end sometime, and yet you continue having it with all the glee in the world. A song when played 'will' end, and the effect after the first time you listen (when you want to listen to it badly) will be slightly mellowed, but you still listen to it again and again. Well, you might not, but I sure do. It's the only constant in my life. Well, apart from computers ofcourse.



I believe love for anything shouldn't be half hearted. It's not love otherwise. I also believe that love shouldn't be taken for granted. Ever! It should be nourished and cared for like everything else in life. I unfortunately slipped on this principle sometime back, and paid heavily for it. I only hope no-one else has to face it. It's one of the most hurtful things on earth when you love a wall. Not to get a response. My music loves me. I know that. It sounds sweeter everytime I listen to it. It sounds like it's talking to 'me', and no one else when I listen. It makes me feel wanted, as if it knows my secrets, and understands me like no other thing on earth. Shares my sorrows, and makes me cry to ease the pain when it needs to. Makes me laugh when I'm happy to extend the joy. Keep me entertained when I just need to enjoy. Doesn't judge me if I don't listen to it for a day or two, or even weeks on end. Still comes back like an old friend, with the same familiarity, the same sweetness, the same healing, the same glee. Thank you Mr. Bryan Adams. Your song says it all ... 'Everything I do, I do it for you ...'



Who said we need people to be happy?