A rekindled love for...

I find myself looking for wallpapers with nice bright colours. I recently shifted away from the OS X visual appearance to the Media Centre of Windows theme, Royal, mostly because of it's nice shiny look with bright colours of the electric blue and green. I've begun to wonder if a persons choice of colours at a particular time is decided by what his mood is like those days or at that time.



I've got a little tired of Vista's black and glassy look to everything. Sure, it was cool at first, but the simple lack of colour is a little morbid if you ask me. No light anywhere. The transparencies itself don't make much of a difference to me, it's just the black taskbar, black menus, black everything. And the fact that it keeps popping up everywhere you go looking for a new theme or look. People worship it like the best new thing to happen to design. I swear, if Illuminous turns out anything close to black, I'll write off a mail to Jobs asking him to change it. They better not try and follow Microsoft, especially since they are much better designers than Microsoft.



Well, coming back to the topic of my mood. I guess it's been elevated the past few days mostly because I'm so close to getting away from here and going home after so long. This time for a proper vacation, not a 4 day road trip. That's gotta put anyone in a good mood now, isn't it?



I suggest you take a break from all the black if you have been lately bedazzled by Vista's look. Look at all the colours out there that XP came with. The blues, the greens, throw in some oranges and yellows, and you have yourself a visual paradise! You can see my desktop here (this one is a gray and green background, I switched to it for the day time ... at nights I switch to the orange), and decide for yourself!