The good time

Why I remembered this, I don't know. What I achieved? No clue! I just know that this happened about 2 years back, and it still puts a smile on my face whenever I think about it, even if not that clearly. I remembered this today morning, trying to sleep at 5:30 AM ... Yep! I seriously need some sleep! Any ways....

During our 2 week stay at Melbourne, we had gone to the city once to just have a look around and shop for things to take home. We went bananas the whole day, and came back pretty late in the evening. Way past dinner time (which used to be at 6 PM, so...). While there, it was common to see individual groups walking along with the random burst of laughter every now and then. Udit and I used to pretty much go in and out of different groups, him being the outgoing get-along-with-everyone type, and I being the don't-want-to-be-alone-to-I'll-tag-along type (at that time). When this happened, we were in pretty illustrious company of girls who were considered the 'it' girls (the ones all guys drooled over). That has nothing to do with this however.

We were just talking about stuff, and for some reason I started singing. I don't remember the exact reason, but the song was 'Pal'. For one of the few times, I wasn't conscious or nervous. I just started singing (I'm sure there'd have been a reason, damn it escapes me now), and suddenly I felt the night becoming quiet, with just my voice to show the existence of people. I could feel huddling closer to listen to me sing, and I started getting a little jittery, but I continued in the flow of the song. I forgot a few words, but I still continued (angrez hain, unko kya samajh aayega!)

By the time the song ended, we had reached campus. A lot of people came and told me I sang really well, and Bridget (Udit's first love) came and told me she could feel the love in my voice (whatever that meant)... It sure felt nice :)

That was a good good evening....