A strange solace

Recently, I've realised that I find a weird kind of relaxation whenever I apply my brain to do something which others would find useless dabble. I just spent about 4-5 hours trying to get a bit of code to work (the Now Playing widget on the right) and for those hours, I realise now that I had forgotten all my miseries and things that have been bothering me the past few days. I guess I know now how to get myself to calm down.

There is always a way to calm down and get your mind to relax in a lot of situations. Sometimes we just choose not to see them, because it's easier to drown yourself in self-pity and let it pass, rather than make an effort to bring yourself out of your pit and start walking again. It's easy to ask for a hand, which you should, but only when your own attempts to get up fail. That way, you'll learn how to be independent because sooner or later, you'll face a situation where you're alone.

But coming back to the topic, this discovery changes a few things. I know what works to distract my attention and take it away from the things that I shouldn't be thinking about over and over again. Who wants to think about bad things anyway ...?

Have you found your way of driving away the blues?