My saving grace

We as children (I'm not one anymore, but still, would like to think of myself as one) tend to forget the role our parents have played in our lives. They have been there with us since the time we came into this world (actually, even before that!), and have taken all steps, cares and precautions to make sure we have a good and comfortable upbringing. I'm talking about normal homes ofcourse. Why then do we forget them? Is it because we think we know more and better than them?

I was just sitting and these little flashes of images came which reminded me how my parents took pains to make sure I was happy, and went way out of their way to give me what I needed/wanted. No one except parents would do that, and still, there are times when I forget to call them and ask them how they are. They'd be thinking about me, about how I am and how I'm doing atleast twice the amount of times I have thought of calling them up. I feel guilty sometimes, but I know that it has got nothing to do with just me or a few people. As we learn in psychology, it's a psychological phase that we all go through where the independence from the people we've been with all our lives tends to liberate our minds to the limit that we (unconsciously) don't think in their direction.

But that is still not an excuse. We are responsible for our parents after a certain point of time, role reversals you can say. I don't know if this feeling will actually go away (as the textbooks say), or it might persist. I really don't want it to stay, because my parents are very important to me. They are literally my last line of hope when everything else fails. The comforting fact that I can go to them with any thing that I might be facing will always be associated with just them, no one else. Because no one else can, honestly, be trusted to that level.

My saving graces, and angels, are truly my parents. My angels in this life.