Reality distortion

Have you ever found yourself fantasizing about a hypothetical situation, and highly exaggerating the positives or negatives of it? Today, I did ... and it was a little weird. I just hate not having an accurate picture, notion or anything to do with definites. Gray areas piss me off so much you can't guess or believe.

The classic scenario that I usually find myself distorting is if my past could be changed to me being in a relationship with a girl I couldn't in the real world. There are times when I find myself imagining heaven on earth, by just changing one little thing. Other times, I find myself going through hell thinking about all that I went through because that reality didn't come true. It's a form of extremely heavy self-sympathy, where you sympathize with yourself for things that never even happened, but you've managed to somehow convince yourself that they did. I guess there's a psychological term for it, but I haven't studied so much of it to know.

I'm sure many people do it. Create an incoherent and completely mistaken sense of euphoria from an unrealistic hypothetical situation, by hyping it up for oneself. I don't know how wrong or right it is, but straying away from reality can never be a good thing. The more we stick close to the actual path, the faster we'll reach our goals. If we divert to the little nooks and crannies to see what there might be, or if we stop to think 'what if I would have found gold in the cranny I just crossed', we'll just torture ourselves even more, and not be able to reach our goals.

Kick the dirt, and get a move on...