Fixing your view

I think it is very possible for someone to hold a rather ‘high’ opinion about themselves. Not just possible … but easy as well. Which throws articles like these a little off balance, since a person trying to evaluate him/herself might have a wrong opinion about themselves. For example, I consider myself an ‘above average’ person (being very modest here), intellectually, as compared to the general crowd.



Now, if I’m right about that, it would explain my nature, and why I’m not good with people (since that writer is a sociologist, I’ll take it to be somewhat correct). But that would also mean that I really am intelligent above other people. That makes me have an ‘air’ about myself, which is not considered good anyway. You see what I mean? There is no way I can win here.



There should be a good way to judge yourself, by yourself, without having other people tell you how you are and then you consolidating your decisions based on what you get from those opinions. You know what they say about opinions, don’t you … How can you keep a rational viewpoint about ‘yourself’?



I need to learn how to do that … honestly!