I am an atheist

Yep! I’m not scared to start up a debate (partly ‘cuz the comments are closed), but if there was a comparison to be made, them I’m like a catholic of atheists :P I strictly don’t believe in the concept of a God and the fact that there is a superior power looking upon us, wishing and doing all it can for our well being, and the fact that everything that is to happen in my life has been pre–decided to a certain limit, if not completely.



As it turns out, majority of the geeks are atheists. I’m a geek, and very much so. They also say that intelligent people are atheists because they rather apply their knowledge and find a tangible reason for everything happening around them than simply attribute it to a ‘God’ and pass on it. I’m not saying I’m intelligent to the level where I want to go hunting for an answer, but I surely think there is a better explanation than God for things that happen around us. As a friend once said, “For the things that can’t be explained, let them be that way … no one is forcing anyone to find out the ‘why’ for everything"



If people really think that chanting one three letter word day in and day out is going to enrich their lives, make them richer, happier, and give meaning to everything ‘them’, then I don’t think there exist greater fools than them, and even if there was a God, he/she’d (I’m not gender biased) would be laughing at them by now. What enriches your life, and gives it meaning is what you do with it, and how you polish it over a period of time with embellishments of experience and deeds.



If you screw up, blame it on yourself. If you do well, give yourself credit … as simple as that. Why do you need to look to some external being (who you have never seen or heard) for strength, when the whole concept of being a human is to gain strength from the people who love and care about you. The whole concept of a support system gets killed if you want to look at this perspective, which gives the term “self–sufficient” a whole new dimension.



Open your eyes people …